When it comes to building an eCommerce website that offers a high level of customer experience, you cannot overlook the role of an FAQ page.
From addressing all your customers’ concerns to imparting necessary information about your products and business, an FAQ page is a vital component of your website.
What Is An FAQ Page?
Short for Frequently Asked Questions, an FAQ page is an organized collection of the necessary information that your customers keep asking about your products and services.
A well-crafted and thoughtful FAQ page serves as an imperative one-stop information center. Having said that, an FAQ page offers several other benefits like:
- Improving your customers’ experience
- Providing information necessary to make a purchase decision
- Saving the time of your customer support staff from answering basic questions
- Increasing your online visibility on search engines and boost eCommerce SEO
- Boosting sales as people would have the necessary information to make their decision
When is An FAQ Page Appropriate?
An FAQ page could turn out to be a great asset for your website if used appropriately. However, if your eCommerce website doesn’t need one, and you still add it to your website, it could do more harm than good.
That’s why it’s important to identify how important is it for you. A few signs of your business could help you decide on that part:
- Customers raise similar questions and concerns repeatedly, and you need to address them publicly and permanently
- You want to use your FAQ page as a means to convert your visitors into customers, by redirecting them to content and landing pages
- The nature of your business or products is such that it raises queries that can be easily dealt with using generic responses
However, if your business is such that it needs to give your customers straightforward answers, and the queries asked are not so common, then you can avoid cluttering your website with an unnecessary page.
If not required, an FAQ page could end up just annoying customers rather than helping them. It’s wise to ensure that your contact information is readily available on your site so that your customers can easily reach you with their doubts and queries.
Essential Features of a Great eCommerce FAQ Page
Once you’ve decided on including an FAQ page, you need to start by creating an impressive one that can clear your customers’ doubts in a way that leads to conversions.
After all, every page on your website should be subtly geared to prompt idle visitors to convert into loyal customers.
Some of the ways to create a stellar FAQ page are mentioned below.
#1 Draft questions from the customers’ point of view
When customers read your FAQs, they should be able to relate to it and feel like they’re asking the question. If you write the questions from their perspective and then answer them from your business’ perspective, you will be able to build a positive connection between your customers and your business.
Ask questions like:
- Do you sell gift cards?
- How do I buy gift cards?
- What do I do if I receive a defective order?
- How do I make changes to an order I’ve already placed?
- Where are you located?
#2 Keep a positive tone
Read more here.
Originally published at https://get.store on January 8, 2020.